I swear I better start racking up some kickbacks b/c of so many high-profile folks stealin' my shit. First, we had Jon Stewart stealing my Academy Awards joke not ten minutes after I had already posted it for the world to see on the internet and now we have this. A single day after my Curtis Hanson hero-worshipping, the IMDB decides to exploit the little man, read on:
"Is there anything Curtis Hanson can't do? The director who made silk purses out of sow's-ear thrillers The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and The River Wild, revitalized modern-day film noir with L.A. Confidential, went upscale-bohemian with Wonder Boys and then gritty-urban with 8 Mile, has taken another familiar formula and given it an amazing shot in the arm with In Her Shoes. As he's done with all his previous movies, Hanson has fashioned something pretty incredible out of pretty ordinary material and given it a life and energy that sends it head and shoulders above any expectations you may have had. Not only is it amazing that In Her Shoes works better than you expect it to, it's proactively good, a stellar accomplishment in an era of moviemaking when "not bad" is what passes for high praise for most mainstream Hollywood films..."
Yeah, In Her Shoes was their "IMDB Movie of the Day". It's all well and good, but c'mon IMDB, give credit where credit is due, I don't mind sharing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment