Friday, April 14, 2006

the dawn of a new era

Ah, now this is what I needed all along. A place where my film obsession can blossom unfettered and where guilt has no place since if you are subjected to my interminable ranting, it is by choice and not because you unwittingly became part of my "friends list" on livejournal. Speaking of, my livejournal page is responsible for the newest incarnation of my inter-whining. For the past 5 years, livejournal has been my home, but realized that for the past year or so, all I ever felt compelled to write about were movies. Given the fact that it was usually something like an end of the year top ten list or Academy Awards coverage, I felt bad for those on my friends list that had to scroll through a bunch of crap they probably don't give a shit about. Granted, I posted once in a blue moon, but still...either way, here I can post guilt-free and since Netflix has become my new teacher, mother, secret lover, a whole new world of film watching has been given to me. So, here's to a long summer of catching up on old classics I may have missed, brushing up on the Takashi Miike filmography, rewatching old Woody Allen, and of course, hating Crash 'til the end of time.

No comments: