Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Sweet Stuff

Need more evidence that Louis C.K. kicks ass? Oh, there it is!



I also just watched an utterly phenomenal film that I somehow managed to miss in the year of our lord that was 2005. It's a German film entitled Head-On and is kinda like what the love child of Wong Kar-Wai and Guy Ritchie (the good version) might resemble. Do yourself a favor and check it out, unless you're content to only feast upon that which Emperor Hollywood feeds you.



Finally, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention how this season of Big Love is one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen. If you enjoy light speed narrative momentum, top notch acting/writing, and using your brain, then you need to put this bad boy on your DVR stat. Just trust me.

2 comments:

Ganxt said...

From the Vaterland? It must be good, although the trailer provided very little insight into what the movie is actually about. The Kraftwerk soundtrack had me pumped too. Add some Rammstein and then we're really cooking.

Louis C.K.'s bit on Cinnabons = glorious.

Never really watched Big Love. I don't get polygamy; sure there's more cooze, but more women bitching as well. No thanks.

Jeff 81 said...

I'm just glad something good came from that native land of yours, you fuckin' nazi bastards.

Big Love is a classic example of how subject matter can be pretty much irrelevant as far as level of interest goes. I don't care about polygamy, there isn't a particular actor/actress on the show that I have a special affinity for, and the writers/creators are a couple of dudes who have done jackshit up to this point. But it just goes to show that a good product is a good product. The fact that I have no inherent level of interest in the subject matter, yet adore the show, is a testament to how well-made the show is.